[reason 10] games



We have just a few games in our house. There are two "cubes" filled with games in our shelving unit, games stacked on top, more games on a different set of shelves, and even a "secret drawer" of card games in our table. I keep finding games scattered around our house as well.

Some of the games sit neglected on the shelves, buried behind newer games. One of these days I'm going to make a list of all the games in the house, with the goal of playing every single game this year. Perhaps then we'll rediscover games we love and maybe even develop a system for choosing games to play that takes less time than mentioning a couple dozen games and having various players shoot down each one until we all agree on one. I can see it now - a color coded fourteen star rating system in which each player gives one star if they like it and would play it and two if they love it and would like to play it often... I could create a searchable game database and...(ok, my OCD may be a bit on overdrive today). 

What I'm trying to say is that I absolutely treasure game nights (and days) with my family. The fun and laughter and memories made make life worth living.




 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts