[reason 57] taking after Nanna

When I was growing up, we'd go to my Nanna and Grampy's house most Sundays for dinner. My Nanna would always make enough food to feed at least twice the number of people who were in attendance, even though the number of people rarely fluctuated. 

I tend to do the same thing. 

We go to my parents' house on Wednesdays and most Wednesdays, I bring the meal. We've had things like too much chili, an inordinate amount of lasagna, and, most recently, a rice bowl bar that could have fed twenty people, with the two types of rice, the chicken, shrimp, garbanzo beans, black beans, broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, snow peas, sprouts, scallions, two types of guacamole, four kids of sauces, and lemon and lime wedges.


That's ok. I've been feasting on variations of rice bows for days! 

I don't really think people in my family mind so much, though, as there are complaints when someone makes dinner and there are no leftovers. 

My Nanna made the best food, and with it came some of the best memories. I don't mind taking after her at all. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts