[reason 56] green plants in the winter

Our house is built into a hill, so having houseplants isn't an easy thing to do because there's only one window in our house that gets enough sun to keep plants healthy.

I battle my husband's beloved plants for space in the kitchen, making sure that my plans for increasing storage or improving the functionality of the kitchen doesn't disturb them, even if doing so sometimes disturbs me. (We won't mention the fact that a few of the plants are technically mine, but I really only brought them home because I thought my husband would like them and I really rescued them, as the person who inherited the house was going to toss whatever wasn't taken.)

But in the winter, especially on the grayest of days, I find myself stopping to enjoy the green of the plants against the pallor of the day. It reminds me of Spring; of new life; of hope of good new things.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts