wedding [moments]

 


[moment 323]

On my parents' wall there is a grouping of photos that I love. They are of my sister's wedding, my wedding, and my parents' wedding. There is also my all-time favorite photo of my grandparents, taken at their 50th (?) anniversary party. My grandmother is clapping her hands together in delight as "their song" begins to play. 

This party was a secret that my sister and I, very young at the time, kept from my grandparents for months - and we didn't even get to go. The story goes that the photo was snapped just as "I Found A Million Dollar Baby (In a Five and Ten Cent Store)" began to play. I do remember that when my Nana saw that photo, tears sprang to her eyes as she recounted the sheer joy of the moment. 

And to this day, that moment brings me joy. 

Comments

  1. Sheryl and I have been married for 45 years. Perhaps when we get to number 50, we will have a wonderful picture like that taken.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts