[a moment] that shouldn't be necessary

[moment 291]

Yes - I went to a performance in a theater with my fourteen year old and my twenty year old. No - I still don't regularly go anywhere with lots of people due to my compromised immune system. I choose the safest ways to occasionally do things I enjoy.

I shouldn't have to explain, but for those who freaked out because I "can't go to [PLACE], but somehow can still go to a performance with your kids," here it is:

We wore N95 masks the entire time. 

We sat in ADA seating. No one was in the row behind us.


No one was sitting in our row except for the last two seats at the opposite end - and I had a ticket for the empty seat next to me to ensure distance between us and other people. And there were very few people in the entire section.

There was a partial wall in front of us. We were raised up from the main floor. In front of the wall was a wide aisle and then the tech booth. 

We were as safe as we could possibly be. And the rest of the week we were essentially in a cabin in a row of empty cabins and only had contact with a single other person while we were there. 

This is different from attending a weekly gathering where rows of seats are close together and maskless people don't give a second thought to sitting down right next to you. This is different from attending weekly gatherings where a bunch of people (not wearing masks) are sitting around a large table or group of tables having a conversation for an hour or two. 

And yes, I do feel like I'm missing out, because I am.
And no, it's not me being overdramatic or living in fear or whatever other spin you want to put on it. It's me following (multiple) doctor's orders.


Comments

  1. Hey I am with you. I mean three sections back. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts