[a moment] to visit

[moment 296]

I was blessed to have the time and the opportunity to visit with family from out of state (as far as Puerto Rico!) last week. It was great to see and converse with everyone in person. The best moments for me were the moments I witnessed my family's pure joy at occupying the same space as each other ... at being able to share a meal together, hug each other, and stand side by side to pose for a photo or seven.

Yes, my children are wearing masks in order to protect me from getting sick. And believe it or not, I was wearing a mask when I took the photo on my phone. I hastily edited myself into the photo in order to share it on social media, and will do a better job in order to send a larger photo file for those interested to print if they so choose. 

This part of my family is a family of sharing memories and history and photos. A good portion of our time together was spent looking at photos family members brought; at the photo album I made for my parents' fiftieth anniversary; and telling stories of their adventures together throughout their lives, but especially growing up in Waterbury, CT.


As Joy pointed out in one of our conversations - if there's anything 2020 taught us it is the importance and value of gathering with the ones you love and the deeper connection that provides. 





Comments

  1. Family history is the best history. I fell in love with history when my father showed me a musket that he claimed was used by a distant relative. I doubt it was, but at that moment i was hooked on history. It has never abated. It is a gift my father gave me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts