Snowball-Cannonball-Boomerang Effect

Snowball-cannonball-boomerang effect: n. when life events build momentum until they explode out of control and then come back and kick you in the *. 

Once upon a time, not too very long ago, I was too ill to do much of anything. We attended homeschool co-op, did fun projects at home, attended church activities, entertained other people's kids, and I made my way to one doctor appointment or another. Enter Remicade, and energy and vitality began to return. We added a few excursions to our repertoire. Then an extra choir rehearsal or two. Women's Circles once again entered my life. 

Then all of a sudden I find there's a need to squeeze doctor appointments, eye doctor appointments, the start of homeschool co-op Spring semester, Alia's belated birthday party/Nanna's birthday party/St. Patrick's day, a chess tournament, Women's Circle, LLL Seminar/Workshop weekend, Palm Sunday festivities, a whirlwind trip to PA and back to get a car from my in-laws, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil, and Easter all into the next two-ish weeks. Plus "extra" kids in the house nearly every day. It will be a miracle if I make it through Easter Day without a nap. 

That I am healthy enough to do this is truly a blessing, but I'm afraid. I'm afraid of the boomerang portion of the effect. The part where all of this fully living life goodness turns around to somehow bite me in the behind. 

And just when this insane two weeks is over, April Fool's Day will arrive complete with my kids' epic prank-pulling plans. I may stay in bed that day, lest I find myself at the wrong end of the Snowball-Cannonball-Boomerang Effect.




Comments

Popular Posts